Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal lives. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health & safety.
We noticed that Dental Health, as a part of whole-body health, is vital for a proper immune system—a key element to avoiding added vulnerability to COVID-19. Therefore, we decided to reopen our dental office under Governor Abbott’s approval for the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners’ emergency rule to fulfill our goal of guarding our patients’ health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Currently, our office strictly follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). By doing these, we ensure our infection control procedures are up-to-date and in line with the most fundamental interests of all our patients and our staff.
You may see some changes when you are coming for your next appointment.
• Pre-screening will be performed including pre-appointment & In-office along with temperature testing.
* Patients with a body temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will be rescheduled to another day. We strongly encourage you to take your temperature measured before your office visit.
• Extra devices and procedures (Medical Air Purifier & UV Sterilizer) have been added to further disinfect our office environment in addition to our regular Infection Control procedures.
• Hand sanitizer is set up at the reception area and throughout the office for you to use as needed.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• We will offer Peridex (Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.12%), an antiseptic mouth rinse, before all dental procedures.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean your companion will be restricted and fewer options for scheduling.
• All staff will wear appropriate PPE (including gloves, N95, goggles, facial shield, and isolation gown, etc.) throughout the service to meet the requirements of ADA, CDC, and OSHA.
We ask you to respect your appointment and to be on time so we can avoid any crowding in the office. To make an appointment, please call our office at 281-568-3985 or request one using the "Request Appointment" tab.
Thank you for your patience regarding the pandemic and for staying by us. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Dong Yan, DDS. & Team